At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
Welcome to Controls & Platforms, a division within Financial Reporting & Control (FRC), which is the operational hub for Group Finance (GF), undertaking primary processes for financial, regulatory, and management reporting, providing key controls across these processes and securing the ongoing and future compliance with regulation on behalf of stakeholders and framework owners across GF.
The Control Monitoring (CM) team is responsible for maintaining the framework for Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR), setting control standards for the Nordea Group (the Group), and providing training and advice through ongoing partnership and collaboration. CM is the control standard setter within the first line of defence, which designs and executes an annual control monitoring plan, in support of the annual ICFR attestations.
What you will be doing:
- Part of the Control Monitoring Team, responsible for the governance and annual scoping of Nordea’s ICFR framework, administration of the quarterly Control Approver self-assessment and ICFR attestations, design and execution of the annual control monitoring plan, and reporting material deficiencies, risks and issues to senior management.
- Deliver annual control monitoring activities including designing a risk-based annual testing plan, establishing control testing methodology, documentation of testing results, and following up on control gaps and action plans to remediate issues and deficiencies.
- Liaise with second line of defence, internal and external auditors to ensure timely and efficient control testing approach and sufficiency of coverage.
- Leverage deep financial experience and expertise to develop and maintain close partnership with Control Approvers and Process Owners across the organisation to drive enhanced framework compliance.
- Develop and provide guidance and training to Process Owners and Control Owners to ensure a thorough understanding of the control framework, control design, and the impact of their control(s) on the Group’s financial statements.
- Maintain the centralised control administration application, ACMS, and ensure system performance and functionalities are appropriately set up to facilitate high quality and effective control documentation and attestation by Control Performers, Control Approvers and Process Owners.
- Drive continuous improvement activities to institutionalize culture of strong internal controls.
The role is for a fixed term of 12 months and based in Poland.
Welcome to a team which sits at the heart of FRC’s efforts to ensure robust and transparent financial and regulatory reporting across Nordea.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Are a self-motivating and result-oriented professional with a curious mind
- Thrive in learning and trying new things, and you're excited about bringing your ideas to the table
- Are dependable and courageous, willing to speak up even when it's difficult
- Are a team player with a mindset that the whole is stronger than one
- Enjoy collaborating with others and are committed to empowering others
- Are passionate about making a difference
- Take pride in delivering high quality outcome
Your experience and background:
- 8+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a large bank or professional services firm (Big 4)
- 4+ years of audit or internal controls related experience or similar
- Bachelor's or higher degree preferred in Finance, Accounting or similar
- Professionally certified, CA/CPA preferred
- Expert knowledge of standard risk and control frameworks (e.g. COSO/COBIT)
- Experience in providing and delivering assurance over regulatory requirements (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley) is essential
- Expert ability to identify risks and articulate process and control weaknesses, with a proven ability to recognise and advise on the remediation of control ineffectiveness
- Reasonable working knowledge of technical accounting topics, e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 16, IFRS 17, IAS 39 etc, and Finnish GAAP a clear advantage
- An in-depth understanding of stakeholder requirements, including second line of defence, internal and external audit
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can effectively navigate through complex and at times challenging organisational dynamics
- Strong organisational and time management skills. Ability to work actively under pressure as well as to plan effectively and deliver work to agreed timelines
- Proficient or expert skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel is required
- Professional fluency in both written and verbal English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 24.02.2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.