HCL Software was launched as a new division of HCL Technologies in 2016 with the mission to develop and deliver a next-generation portfolio of enterprise-grade software-based offerings with flexible consumption models, spanning on premise software, SaaS and managed services. We bring speed, insights and innovations to create value for our customers in DevOps, Automation, Data, Security and Application Modernization.
We are currently hiring for as position of Software Development Manager for the BigFix Inventory team in Krakow located at O3 Business on Opolska Street. This role specializes in working closely with customers and providing technical guidance to the product team. We are looking for talented, self-motivated and curious people with strong interpersonal and communication skills, people who like to get thoroughly involved in an inclusive and open-minded team-work in a dynamic, global and multicultural organization with advanced processes.
Workplace: Kraków (Remote Work available)
As a Software Development Manager, you will have a track record of successful product implementations with demonstrated impact on their success.
- client relationship management including but not limited to
- meetings with clients to promote technical solutions
- representing client perspective within the development team
- helping clients maximize product value
- hiring professionals, assessing skills and culture fit into organization
- managing organization's operations processes
- growing team members by leading by example and providing constructive feedback
- contributing to product strategy and roadmap
- mentoring team members to achieve the overall organization business goals
- defining and managing project plans
- giving directions to the project team to efficiently handle product priorities
- defining and implementing process improvements to optimize the software lifecycle and maximize the team's productivity
The ideal candidate must be client-oriented, able to work independently and juggle multiple tasks.
- Graduated with university degree in either Computer Science, Technology or Engineering
- at least 8-year experience in the SW development industry
- at least 3-year demonstrated experience as people manager in SW companies
Required Technical Skills and background in the following areas
- Experience in OS (Unix, Linux, Windows, MacOS)
- 5+ years of experience in a technical environment
- Good knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
Required Soft Skills
- Experience with working with clients
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with executive level communications and metrics
- Analytical ability with good practice in breaking down complex problems into simple tasks to be delegated to other team members
- Team building skills
- Leadership, delegation and accountability
- Ability to collaborate with geographically distributed cross-functional teams
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexibility in adopting to changing needs of the business
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
Preferred Technical and Soft Skills
- Presenting at conferences / engaging face-to-face with customers
- Availability for short term business trips
We work remotely during pandemic and this is the only available option. When the pandemic ends both remote and office work will be available as we want to meet with our team in our brand new office.
- Computer Software
- Computer Networking
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
We sincerely look forward to your response, and the opportunity to speak with you about the unique value you can provide to the team.
HCL’s global delivery center in Krakow was established in 2007. It works with several Fortune 500 firms, primarily offering multilingual global technical support. Today, we assist more than 65 customers in 25 different languages and are present in Krakow and Wroclaw.
HCL Technologies helps global enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Through innovative technology solutions built around Digital, IoT, Cloud, Automation, Cybersecurity, Analytics, Infrastructure Management and Engineering Services, amongst others, we solve complex business problems for our clients. We are a ‘next-generation’ technology firm, driven by a unique Mode 1-2-3 strategy that not only acts as our roadmap for the future, but also a powerful model for any enterprise looking to thrive in this age of disruption.
HCL operates out of 45 countries with over 149,000+ ideapreneurs from 140 nationalities and has consolidated revenues of USD 9.7 billion, for 12 Months ended 31st Dec 2019.