At GSK Finance Hub we are inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. We are a high performing talented team which support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class.
Almost 200 employees have already joined the ranks of the new financial center, whose headquarter is located in Poznan.
The Polish financial center is a part of GSK global operating model, responsible for serving the European region in terms of Planning & Reporting and Close & Control activities, as well as more complex accounting activities. Similar two units, responsible for serving Americas, as well as for Asia and Australia, are located in Costa Rica and Malaysia respectively. Our regional finance hubs will be centres of expertise that will work together as one finance team to share best practice and knowledge, working closely with other markets and colleagues from our global headquarters in London.
Currently, we are looking for experienced candidates for the position of Statutory Compliance Delivery Regional Lead EMEA. Please find details below. If you are interested in the role – apply and join our GSK Finance Hub – Europe!
As a Statutory Compliance Delivery Regional Lead EMEA you will be accountable for overall Stats Compliance Service Delivery. You will be actively monitoring Service Delivery of the service providers, working with a team of process improvement experts to drive continuous improvements and troubleshooting issues. You will also be supporting the GSK’s Stats and Tax strategy at regional level as required. Please note that the role DOES NOT involve carrying out stats or tax operational activities
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a new team where you will develop your business partnering skills and drive your career to the next level.
- Ensure transfer pricing, audit timelines and tax filing calendars are signed off annually by stakeholders as well as respective BPOs for markets supported
- Track and action on daily operational requests and issues within the service SLAs
- Responsible for Service Deliverables including: validation of the weekly KPI report, presentation of monthly service updates at market finance boards, leading daily team huddles (comms cells), keeping risk register and service calendar up to date
- Continuous Improvement – Lead and action at areas for improvement with BPOs, Global Tax and Finance Directors to increase efficiency, drive performance and deliver with high quality
- Stakeholder Management – engage with key stakeholders and ensure they are aligned with the service’s delivery and are satisfied with the service’s quality. Also responsible for being up to date with business changes in markets supported
- Customer Relationship Management – build trust by managing customer’s needs in a timely and pro-active manner and ensure risks are mitigated and issues are resolved
- Vendor Management
- Escalation Management - manage and action on escalations arising from all statutory and tax filings within our scope as well as provide support to other finance members where there could be any conflicts in roles/responsibilities related to tax and stats compliance deliverables
- Controls Compliance - ensure robust management of internal controls and regulatory compliance are met through applicable policies, procedures and processes performed by Vendor
- Risk Management - proactively identifying any issues or risks to the service and execute risk mitigation and implementation actions
- Lead team of Analysts
- Basic qualifications:
- University Degree in Finance– Tax and/or Statutory or related fields (Finance and Accounting)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Service Management related to Finance area (especially within Tax/Stats area) including at least 2 years of experience in people management.
- 4-5 years of direct/indirect taxation/tax accounting experience with exposure in the commercial line
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
- Experience in people management
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness and availability to take part in migration processes
- Preferred qualifications:
- Accounting qualification
- Statutory audit experience
- FMCG / Pharmaceutical industry experience
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Contributing to creation of development strategy for the set financial department
- Leading key projects regarding to set financial area
- Competitive salary, annual bonus plan and GSK’s shared value plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Company Car
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency