JTI Poland is part of Japan Tobacco International, a leading international tobacco company. We operate in 130 countries, employ over 45,000 people worldwide and our product portfolio includes world-renowned brands such as Camel, LD, Winston and Logic, available on the Polish market.
In Poland, we employ over 2,300 employees and we are the 3rd player in the tobacco industry. Since the beginning of JTI’s operations in Poland in 2007, we have been the fastest growing tobacco company: our market share has more than quadrupled and our production volume has grown more than 10 times.
But our business, isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business. That’s why since 11 years JTI is one of the Top Employers in Poland, in 2020 being ranked number one for the second year in a row.
This is great opportunity to be a part of exciting project and drive transformation in the Company to ensure that internal customers around the world are getting the Best-in-class level of service.
The position is the part of Treasury Back Office team. Expert is responsible for embedding continuous improvement mindset across the team. Work with the Managers, Team Leads and Specialists on process improvement projects. Being the main point of contact within the Treasury Back Office team for technical matters.
The position is the part of Treasury Back Office team with the following key responsibilities:
- Assist the Treasury Center Process Lead to ensure the team is fully resourced and effectively organized to meet given targets
- Provide expert advice to other TBO team members
- Execute daily Treasury Back/Middle Office activities with special focus on Treasury Accounting
- Liaise with In-house bank’s Front Office as well as with Corporate Accounting team
- Involve carrying out key ad-hoc analytical activities around the treasury operations
- Develop an understanding of treasury and hedge accounting
- Have full understanding of all JSOX controls
- Perform the assigned JSOX / operational controls in accordance with the internal documentation
- Maintain in depth knowledge about processes and practices in the GBS and provide expertise to all stakeholders when required
- Participate in process modification / enhancements / testing / process automation
- Assist TBO Manager to manage the governance process & related controls
- Take ownership of the TBO teams responsibilities in the absence of the TBO Manager
- Provide continuous SAP and process training to both internal and external customers
- University degree or equivalent (Accounting/Finance/Corporate Finance)
- ACT/CFA/CTP/CIMA/ACCA qualification is a plus
- 3+ years of working in corporate treasury/banking role with specific involvement in Treasury Accounting preferably in a large multinational organization
- Knowledge of key IFRS accounting standards and compliance controls
- Knowledge and exposure to risk management (Hedge Accounting preferably IFRS)
- Knowledge and exposure to Capital Markets, Debt and Derivative instruments along with methods of valuations for period-end recognition
- Knowledge and exposure to Cash & Liquidity management (In-House Bank & Cash Pooling)
- Experience of financial controls, year-end account preparation and external auditor liaison
- SOX/JSOX controls and compliance is a plus
- Proficient SAP Power user
- Strong command of English Language (oral and written)
- Strong analytical, technical skills in a methodical organized manner