JTI Poland is part of Japan Tobacco International, a leading international tobacco company. We operate in 130 countries, employ over 45,000 people worldwide and our product portfolio includes world-renowned brands such as Camel, LD, Winston and Logic, available on the Polish market.
In Poland, we employ over 2,300 employees and we are the 3rd player in the tobacco industry. Since the beginning of JTI’s operations in Poland in 2007, we have been the fastest growing tobacco company: our market share has more than quadrupled and our production volume has grown more than 10 times.
But our business, isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business. That’s why since 11 years JTI is one of the Top Employers in Poland, in 2020 being ranked number one for the second year in a row.
The Corporate Financial Reporting Manager is a key role within the Corporate Accounting department. The Corporate Accounting department is ultimately responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of the JTI Group IFRS Financial Statements subsequently reported to JT (Japan Tobacco), the parent company based and listed in Tokyo.
The Corporate Reporting Manager is reporting directly to the Corporate Reporting Lead Manager in Warsaw.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support, and the possibility to share knowledge and best practices
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals, and independence in achieving them
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
- IFRS reporting to JT Tokyo: Ensure timely and accurate collection of subsidiary data & quality control of reporting packs (100+ subsidiaries). Subsidiaries' packs must be prepared in accordance with IFRS and are then consolidated and submitted quarterly to JT. This information is used by JT for reporting to the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Taking full ownership of the hyperinflation models under IAS 29 for actual and planning cycles. Accuracy and timeliness are essential.
- A significant focus of the role is to drive improvements in the internal processes and controls, primarily within the team and also within the JTI finance community.
- Ensure timely preparation and financial integrity of the IFRS financial statements for the JTI Group.
- Supporting the Corporate Reporting Lead Manager concerning reporting issues, as well as the management of the Financial Reporting Team in terms of planning and coaching.
- Support on new reporting issues emerging from the JTI Finance Community and JT legal requirements (e.g., IFRS16, Tax Country by Country reporting, Japanese CFC),
- Play a key role during new acquisitions to ensure a smooth integration of new entities, provides reporting pages training as well as support the Consolidation team on any purchase price allocation under IFRS 3.
- Assisting the wider Corporate Accounting team on IFRS technical project work as driven by business needs.
- University degree in finance
- ACCA / chartered accountant (finalized or closed to completion)
- 4+ years within an accounting function, preferably in a multinational and/or big four audit firm or accounting firm of similar size
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Financial accounting experience (IFRS/US GAAP knowledge is preferable)
- Experience of group consolidation
- Strong MS Excel knowledge, SAP knowledge is a plus
- Strong communication skills, team player, and willingness to work and interact with colleagues from different background and culture
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Ability to work independently in conjunction/coordination with other company functions and internal/external resources.