R&D Senior Engineer in Automation
24 days ago
Join our R&D team in Krakow and work as R&D Senior Engineer in automation system applications. Person hired on this position will be responsible for the development, innovation and improvement of complete control & protection architectures, electrical system and asset communicating including process, bay, station and cloud communication with cost, time and conformity to TRS.
- Drives development and is functional expert in the R&D organization, provides consultancy across projects and tenders if requested;
- Support development of assigned substation automation and digital products and sub-systems with participation within technology management process;
- Develop technical concept and contribute to technical product portfolio for all needed technology, products, sub-systems including 3rd parties and competitors;
- Conducts and supervises delegated work and external suppliers;
- Play an active role in expert boards of national and international engineering associations and prepare technical papers and participate on exhibitions for assigned substation products and sub-systems;
- Innovates control, protection, monitoring and communication architectures;
- Instructs and guides engineering teams.
- At least Bachelor's Degree in automation engineering with 4 years of equivalent experience or Master's Degree with 2 years of experience;
- Experience in substation automation systems, components and related ABB digital products;
- Successful completion of several sub-station projects as automation engineer or equivalent;
- Experience with NCITs, monitoring equipment, communication gateways e.g. Ability Edge Gateway, and supervision products (SCADA, CMMS);
- Good experience with IT Technologies and capabilities to code in at least one state of the art programming language (C++, C#, Java, etc.);
- Proficient in English written/oral, local language as an advantage;
- High sense of responsibility and commitment;
- Organizational and management skills;
- High degree of intercultural awareness.
- Job in newly formed R&D Team for Digital Substation;
- Pleasant and motivating work environment with good development opportunities;
- Modern tools and standards;
- Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills;
- International career opportunities.
ABB Sp. z o.o.
ABB jest globalnym liderem kształtującym przyszłość w dziedzinie cyfryzacji przemysłu. Każdego dnia pracownicy ABB na całym świecie pracują nad rozwiązaniem największych problemów współczesnych czasów, takich jak dostarczanie ekologicznej energii, zwiększanie wydajności i wprowadzanie strategii zrównoważonego rozwoju.