At GSK Finance Hub we are inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. We are a high performing talented team which support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class.
(GSK Finance Hub)
GSK Finance Hub in Poznan is a new Finance team and one of 3 regional GSK Finance Hubs following a review of the GSK Finance Operating Model. It will oversee all Close and Control activities for European markets as well as to deliver more complex accounting activities such as Production Accounting. The Close & Control teams in the three regional finance hubs will collaborate, share best practice and knowledge and report to one Global leader in London.
We are planning to employ about 80 highly-skilled professionals. By 2020 we will employ approximately 300 high performing finance talents. We report to our headquarters based in London.
You support the Financial Manager in delivering the transformation and the service performance for one of the Record to Report Process for Europe (inc. UK), fixed assets accounting (FA), master data management (MDM), inventory/ ICT accounting (INV) and intercompany accounting (ICO).
You actively support the Service Delivery of the remote Service Provider located in India (performing transactional activities) and drive continuous improvement and troubleshooting issues faced by the BPO while keeping Regional R2R Operational Performance Lead and Financial Reporting teams abreast of potential challenges & proposed recommendations.
During the set-up phase of Poznan location, the Process Improvement Expert will have a key role to play to ensure transition of activities to BPO are underpinned by robust knowledge transfer & training plans leading to well-trained BPO teams returning to India. This will be an opportunity for the PIE to deepen his/her knowledge of the process
Post-transition, your responsibilities may include – but not exhaustively:
o Build in depth R2R process & system knowledge for defined area to support BPO on issue resolution, including identification of workaround to mitigate impact and agreeing right level of escalation and working with CERPS Functional Consultant, GPO (Global Process Owner) and R&C (Risk & Compliance) on root cause analysis, work around and risk mitigation
o Creating and delivering trainings to build remote BPO and local user knowledge
o Cooperating with the Global Process Owner and Service Delivery Lead as well as regional Leader on process transformation, Systems or Technology, introducing improvement initiatives and escalating exceptions and ongoing issues
o Reviewing and monitoring Controls to drive remediation and action plan to ensure risk are mitigated and recommend design improvement to Risk & Compliance
o Engage with CRM on customer and performance process challenges
Please note that this role is part of a brand new organisation in process of being shaped for the future. As such, your scope may vary or change over time and your support might be required for either Business as usual or Project related activities.
- Basic qualifications:
- Accounting degree or qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of area of specialization (fixed assets accounting or master data management or inventory accounting or intercompany accounting)
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Minimum 5 years of experience post qualification
- Experience of working on a Process or Technology improvement project
- Experience of working with SOX
- Experience of working in a corporation environment
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Knowledge of SAP is mandatory
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Lean management tools & techniques
- Willingness and availability to take part in migration processes
- Preferred qualifications:
- A second European language is a bonus
- Experience as R2R Super User or Subject Matter Expert for area of specialization preferred
- FMCG / Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer Possibilities of development within the role and company’s structure
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Using English on daily basis
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Flexible working hours
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
GSK is one of the leading global healthcare companies, driven by innovation and scientific developments. Our mission is to improve the quality of life, enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We conduct research aimed at improving the quality of life in three basic areas: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. In our activities, we strive to be a responsible partner, building trust-based relations with Polish healthcare system participants, focusing on dialogue and transparent cooperation. We provide Polish patients with over 300 medicines and healthcare products.