Ogłoszenie numer: 7986942, from 2023-02-22
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Information Management Coordinator
Reference No.: PLCFA23-003
Working under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Sector Co-Coordinator (Accommodation/Housing/Shelter), the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of Information Management solutions including data management, analysis, visualization, reporting and information sharing through the Accommodation/Housing/Shelter Sector.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Work with the Inter-Agency Sector Coordination information management and analysis at the strategic level, supporting the Accommodation/Housing/Shelter Sector Co-Coordinator in identifying and meeting data/analysis/information requirements for the country of Poland.
- Ensure the dissemination and adaptation as necessary of information management tools that meet sector needs
- Ensure linkages with all sector stakeholders, particularly local actors, for enhanced sectorial risk mapping and gap identification
- In close coordination with the Sector Coordinators and members of the information management team, develop information products for partners, donors and sectorial publications and ensure the dissemination and adaptation of information management tools that meet sector needs. Including sector-specific maps and graphics on a regular basis that aid forward planning as well as impactanalysis.
- Conduct preliminary analysis of data to facilitate and strengthen Accommodation/Housing/Shelter areas of focus particularly to highlight information and assessment gaps and use the data for evidence based response andcoordination.
- Follow up with sector partners for the provision of timely, consistent and compatible data and information on assessments, needs and assistance provided for operational analysis anddecision-making.
- Ensure timely dissemination of information to sectorpartners.
- Design and implement technical aspects of IM solutions for the workflow and documentation management of the administrative and operational processes of thesector.
- Review and recommend approval of appropriate technical specifications of all IM implementation and related support services to meet IM standard and end user’sneeds.
- Train and support field works related to survey and assessment; database assistants in the use, maintenance and support of databasesystem.
- Promote use of and training on the use of reporting tools among shelter assistance providers, sector partners and otherstakeholders.
- Track and monitor sector’s coordination activities, such as provision of trainings, etc. providing summary and reports as required.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of the integrated methodology for data collection and information packaging as required andneeded.
- Develop simple, user-friendly Accommodation/Housing/Shelter assistance reporting formats in consultation with the local authorities, providers of shelter assistance and other key stakeholders; these reporting formats should include provision for gender and age disaggregation of data and reporting on more vulnerablegroups.
- Promote the use of inter-operable technologies among sectorpartners.
- Provide information outputs in the local language whereverfeasible.
- Ensure adequate monitoring mechanisms are in place to review impact of the Sector and progress against implementation plans and humanitarian responseplan.
- Support and enforce data confidentiality guidelines adopted by the Sector to protect sensitivedata.
- Perform such other duties as may beassigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Information Management Systems, Geo-informatics, Data Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience;or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in Information Management for humanitarian or developmentactivities;
- Experience in designing and implementation of Information Management methodology and systems; selection of appropriate technology standards forIM;
- Experienceinquantitativeandqualitativedataanalysis,visualization,mapping,document designing;
- Experience in data base development/management, website development/content management are anadvantage;
- Extensive knowledge of humanitarian and development programming, information requirements are anadvantage;
- Experience and knowledge of Cluster coordination mechanisms and humanitariancoordination structure.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Polish, Russian, and/or Ukrainian is an advantage.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link (https://www.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl486/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Courage: demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
Empathy: shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
Empowering others: creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
Building trust: promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.