JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
The position is responsible for providing legal support within the GBS Warsaw office for the JTI Romania entities. The position is, among other, responsible for handling routine and non-core business contracts as described below and related post signing contractual matters.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan.
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center.
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices.
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally.
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them.
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Modern office in a convenient location.
- Drafting, reviewing and certifying compliance of contracts initiated or requested by contract owners from JTI Romania entities’ departments. Types of contracts supported may include routine and/or non-core contracts related to: sale and/or purchase of goods or services, manufacturing agreements, NDAs, international intercompany agreements, HR agreements, logistics agreements, finance agreements.
- Provides contract-related legal advice to the relevant JTI Romania departments’ employees.
- Provides contractual support on any post signing matters.
- Uploads Contracts (including standard ones), comments and contractual documents into the local Contract Management Application. Drafts and keeps up to date all standard contracts for the types of contracts he/she is responsible and the related contractual documents uploaded in the local Contract Management Application.
- Ensures that all contracts, related contractual documents and legal advice he/she is responsible with comply with Romanian legislation, J-SOX and are in line with JTI Romania’s Contract Management Policy and contract-relevant policies and standards.
- Legal education preferrably with focus on Romanian law.
- 'Minimum 3 years as paralegal (equivalent to legal advisor in Romania).
- Fluent English, Romanian language as native or high fluency including legal vocabulary.
- Good knowledge of Romanian Law, in particular: Civil, Commercial, Competition.
- Good knowledge of EU Law.
- Excellent contract drafting and review skills, ability to translate needs from the business into contractual wording and to negotiate a contract balancing quality and speed while applying an intelligent risk appetite.
- Full understanding of contract management and related legal support processes.
- Good communication skills, as well as planning, organising and prioritization skills.
- MS Office.