We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel preferably with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. The successful candidate should be skilled in Commercial Law, legal advice, Intellectual Property and IT law as well as experienced in deal negotiation, contract drafting, legal project management, with strong commercial skills and sharp business focus.
The successful candidate will enjoy a good degree of autonomy and will work on all phases of deals.
Applications are welcomed from lawyers with contract law experience, whether or not already specializing in IT law and whether in-house or in private practice.
- A pragmatic, motivated and hands-on business lawyer who is interested in technology, innovation and commercial contracts
- Probably with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of commercial contract legal work, in private practice and/or in-house and/or in a law firm or legal department in a multinational company;
- Relevant experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts or similar legal project management
- Experienced in providing risk assessment advice from a legal perspective with the confidence to influence the business at a senior level and set expectations
- Good communication and workload management skills
- Fluent in English and French verbal and written communications for both formal and informal settings
- Enjoys being part of a team, asking for help from senior colleagues/manager when needed and helping colleagues
- Interested in learning and with a positive approach to change
- Potential to deliver legal training to business colleagues and/or to junior team members
As a commercial lawyer, you will work on client contract negotiations, bid strategy, contract reviews and be part of the deal review and approval process. The deals include framework agreements, consulting agreements, digital and cloud services agreements, IT infrastructure and managed services agreements. We work in the private and public sectors. You may also advise on some post signature (delivery) matters, and you may do some sub-contracts and procurement work, although the Legal team prioritizes legal work that contributes to business growth. You may also work on specific legal projects, dispute resolution and legal compliance matters.
On daily basis you will provide legal support to the French market and work in a close cooperation with the French Legal team, which consistes of 13 lawyers and is headed by the General Counsel for France and Morocco.
A successful candidate will be working from our office based in Krakow or Wroclaw, Poland.
- Review and negotiation of contracts such as Master Services Agreements, Outsourcing & BPO Agreements, Software Licenses, Subcontracting Agreements, Data Protection Agreements, Agreements with Alliance partners, Suppliers, System Integration Agreements and Procurement Agreements. This involves negotiations directly with the clients and their attorneys, and requires close interaction with the various departments of the company, including the business, finance and delivery teams.
- Preparing responses on the contract terms for Request for Proposals, including those related to public sector, and identifying and articulating the legal and business risks.
- Review and management of Inter Company Agreements between various group companies.
- Ensure compliance with laws and company policies while supporting business
- Provide support to legal team members from other jurisdictions, where required
- Participation in trainings, development related activities and other initiatives of the legal department
- The successful candidate will work on all phases of deals, ranging from the proposal/bid review stages, right through to final negotiation and post signature issues.
You will be part of the Global Legal Center (GLC) team, based in Poland, which consists of fully qualified Legal advisors and lawyers and is headed by the Head of GLC Poland. The team delivers high quality and pragmatic legal services to all parts of our business in a number of different countries and jurisdictions. You will also be part of Capgemini’s Global Legal team, with over 200 lawyers world-wide. Our lawyers have the opportunity to be part of global legal networks and work on global legal initiatives as well as supporting local operations.
- Home office
- Contract of employment for an indefinite period
- Working in a close-knit team and a friendly atmosphere
- Development of expert or leader competences
- Bonuses, including those for recommending new employees
- A wide range of training and cofinancing of courses
- Additional life insurance
- Attractive package of additional benefits (fitness, gym, cinema, etc.) you chose what you want
- Integration events and joint celebrations
- Annual family picnic
- Employee volunteering opportunities and interesting CSR projects
- Disability inclusion, assistive technologies, reasonable accommodations
- Private medical care, also for your family
- Bicycle parking and carpooling
Capgemini is one of leading global companies offering consulting, IT technologies.
Market analysis, HR, finance and accounting, supply chain, transformations, intelligent automation or knowledge management? Those areas have no secret for us! We work in Business Services and we use 30 languages in our international team – we have people of 60 nationalities. Join our team.
Capgemini Polska Sp. z o.o.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. Capgemini Poland’s Business Services unit is at the forefront of innovation in areas such as HR Services, Finance & Accounting, Supply Chain, Intelligent Automation and Business Transformation. Our international team features people from 60 different nationalities, and we work on exciting, multi-lingual projects with some of the world’s leading brands.