Reporting to Aon’s Global Privacy Office, Privacy Counsel is responsible for supporting privacy advisory matters, including review and negotiation of privacy agreements and data protection terms and advising Aon’s business on risks related to privacy. The person in this role will provide practical advice to Aon business and shared services leaders on their privacy and data protection risks.
The Privacy Counsel will work within the Global Privacy Office and should be passionate about privacy. The person in this role will be comfortable with counseling business partners, negotiating privacy and data protection terms, and navigating a complex organization with broad services related to risk, retirement, health, reinsurance, and data and analytics. The job entails getting deeply involved with ensuring that Aon’s business operations are designed, built and maintained in a way that aligns with applicable data privacy obligations in the regions in which Aon does business.
- Work with commercial teams to ensure client contracts and third party vendors align with all relevant privacy laws.
- Draft, review, and negotiate privacy and data protection language for Aon’s client, supplier, and third party agreements.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with members of the business and work proactively with them to identify, mitigate and address privacy risks.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments. Analyze existing and new legislative and regulatory developments to ensure that Aon understands and remains compliant with evolving requirements.
- 1-5 years relevant experience with a focus in privacy and data protection law and regulation, especially the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- CIPP certified or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Excellent English communications skills (min C1 level)
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements, especially privacy and data protection provisions and addendum
- Experience with interpreting and implementing GDPR compliance programs preferred
- You are a self-motivated teammate with the ability to learn quickly, identify and resolve legal and business issues, drive projects and earn the confidence of the partners you work with
- You can work independently but also like to be part of a diverse team
- Diverse and inclusive workplace - we value openness and authenticity and believe in the power of feedback
- Flexible remote work environment
- Employee-appreciation culture (multiple recognition programs)
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Wellbeing awareness (access to free mental health helpline, Stay-Well Day off, lectures, sports and more)
- Generous benefits package (personal accident insurance, benefit platform for vouchers and more)
- Internal career opportunities, individual development plan, professional development training and resources
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please attach CV in English only.
Aon plc jest światowym liderem usług zarządzania ryzykiem, ubezpieczeniowych i reasekuracyjnych usług brokerskich, jak również rozwiązań HR i outsourcingowych. Poprzez ponad 59 tys. pracowników Aon oferuje swoim klientom innowacyjne i efektywne rozwiązania z obszaru zarządzania ryzykiem i produktywności pracowników. Globalne rozwiązania i wiedza Aon dostępna jest w ponad 120 krajach.