We are looking for Senior Analysts to join P&L and Balance Sheet Control. This is a great opportunity for you to work with financial products and financial markets by becoming part of the control organisation within Treasury space.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
You’ll join P&L and Balance Sheet Control organisation, where our main responsibility is end-to-end profit & loss and balance sheet controlling for Markets and Treasury. These include daily P&L control and reporting, monthly balance sheet controls, month- end closing process and Hedge Accounting. Your team will be focusing on Nordea Treasury. We service and engage with a large number of stakeholders and are required to be flexible and innovative in our daily work.
What do we offer for you:
- Great opportunity to gain strong knowledge of financial products.
- Work and contribute in dynamic environment: innovative ideas are encouraged and recognized
- Be part of work environment in which diversity and equal opportunity is priority.
- We support well balanced life but recognize that our work at times demand extra efforts and be willing to have flexible work hours depending on peeks in the workload.
- An environment where you can build communication, presentation and technical skills and a professional network across the organization
- Opportunity to participate in process development and digitization
What you’ll be doing:
- We are looking for ambitious and competent senior analysts who will be engaged in our daily reporting and control processes particularly in FX and equity products.
- As our future colleague your main responsibilities will be:
- Take ownership of all facets of the controlling, reporting and analysing of the daily profit and loss & BS Controls for Treasury. This includes running controls for inbound and outbound data, reviewing and analysing new trades, associated risks and the P&L generated. Also understanding and analysing the P&L & Balance sheet and commentary on the same.
- Take responsibility of the balance sheet controls and reporting on monthly basis.
- Experience with Hedge Accounting would be an advantage
- Be part of the monthly closing process of financial reporting in Nordea.
- Engage with stakeholders with regular and ad-hoc queries. You will work closely with colleagues in Finance, Trading Desks, Operations, Valuation and Risk teams and IT department.
- Communicate effectively to ensure issues are highlighted in a timely manner. Focus on recurring issues and drive through enhancement projects and systems fixes
- Be part of developing value adding practical solutions to improve both the efficiency and quality of our reporting.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
Your profile and background:
We are looking for a candidate that has a strong business mindset with good understanding of financial products, financial markets, trading strategies and accounting, either from university studies and/or on-the-job experience.
- You are proactive and willing to speak up, and propose initiatives and ideas based upon your ability to analyse complex issues.
- You have a relevant degree in the fields of business, economics, finance or accounting, and we expect the ideal candidate to have minimum 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- You should have strong communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong IT skills in Excel. Proficiency or interest to gain proficiency in VBA, SQL and Python is an advantage.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 19 June 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.