It’s an exciting time to join our Financial Reporting and Control unit as we have just started to build our department structures in Warsaw and offer lots of new opportunities to people seeking to continue their professional growth within the risk area.
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do.
That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs.
We aim to be courageous and explorative in our approach to innovating better ways of delivering banking services – anytime, anywhere. This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the way in creating great customer experiences?
The Risk Tools & Analytics sits in the Middle Office function of Nordea, overseeing both Markets and Treasury activities. The position offers much interaction with our Front Office colleagues and the opportunity to make a difference in how risk is seen and used to steer our business. You will be joining a group of seasoned risk experts within the biggest Bank in the Nordics that are responsible for:
- Offering expertise and tooling to explain risk to our stakeholders in the Front Office and other group functions
- Developing and optimizing our risk limit framework together with Front Office
- Automating risk controls to make our work efficient
We are now looking for a Senior Analyst with a keen interest in the area of Counterparty Credit Risk. You will be applying your technical skills and risk knowledge to create automated added analytics solutions that are used both as a means to understand our risk and that can also be used in our financial performance tooling (risk adjusted returns).
What you will be doing:
- Utilizing Nordea’s internal risk models to derive new risk metrics that bring added insights to our stakeholders
- Productionizing and automating the risk solutions with tools like Python and Alteryx
- Exploring how advanced analytics could be utilized to create insights that traditionally have relied on qualitative human input, i.e. machine learning etc.
- Creating insightful dashboards that aim to explain complex risks in easy and intuitive ways, also to users who do not have in-depth risk (model) knowledge
- Collaborating with our stakeholders to gather requirements, managing delivery expectations and delivering on the promised commitments
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best and that we imagine you share with us.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Are active and self-driven, not hesitating to independently reach out to stakeholders to increase your own level of understanding, align approaches and ensure progress
- Have gained insights into how credit risk metrics work and are being utilised within banks, also understanding the regulatory implications (risk capital etc.)
- Are familiar with handling large amounts of data and can grasp data transformation processes between various IT systems
- Have an excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Have 5+ years of experience gathered from a banks or other financial institutions
- Have proven IT skills, such as SQL and Python, and have developed business applications/solutions. Any prior experience with workflow tools (e.g. Alteryx, DataStage) and visualization tools (Qlik/Power BI) is seen as an advantage
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 31 October 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.