Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
Our BIM team use the most advanced design tools on all our projects. Operating within the Mercury Group, we have opportunity to transfer knowledge and experience the latest engineering trends through collaboration. Due to the dynamic development of our design department in Poland, we are looking for candidates in the HVAC/Piping systems.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Preparation of detailed designs in 3D BIM technology (Revit, 3D models of designed installations)
- Introducing changes and updates to the design, optimisation of design solutions
- Detailed design of Sanitary, Technological and HVAC installations for various types of projects (including Industrial Plants, Production and Office Buildings)
- Object Library management
- Clash management on all systems and co-ordination of mechanical installation with other trades
- Development of 3D coordinated services and structure layouts
- Production of Isometrics and Bills of Materials
- Data analysis of attribute information contained within 3D CAD models and other data sources for the purposes of quantification, 4D construction sequencing and to facilitate the fabrication and construction process in a BIM workflow
- Deal with sub-contractors, client consultants, designers and GC to ensure correct installation
- Attendance at design and construction reviews
- Trips to construction sites (including foreign ones) as part of supervision over the projects being carried out and cooperation with the team responsible for carrying out execution works
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Knowledge of the MS Office environment
- Knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, willingness to learn and develop designing skills as part of the company's training courses
- Fluent English
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commitment, communication skills, the ability to work in a team and organise your own working time
- Higher education in the specialisation of HVAC/Sanitary Installations
- Desire to further training
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer
Mercury, founded in Dublin, Ireland in 1972, continues to operate as an entrepreneurial European Contractor. We are dedicated to achieving the highest possible standards of Health & Safety and living our values of Dynamic, Brave and Make it Happen.
We build and manage complex engineering projects across a range of key sectors, taking our clients to new territories they never thought possible. Our focus is to work in sectors that enhance development in technology, wellbeing, and the built environment.
We at Mercury enable our people to reach their potential every day. Our unique Mercury culture - a dedication to being brave, dynamic, and making it happen - is embedded in every member of our 2,000+ global team. We have a proud track record of retaining staff long-term and developing them from apprentice and graduate level all the way to becoming senior management. We value the depth of experience and specialist knowledge of all our employees.
We are committed to providing high-quality formal and informal learning as part of our continued investment in our people. We provide assistance for employees pursuing a variety course in keeping with Mercury’s strategic objectives. Career development programmes have been put in place to support staff through key transitions in their career including our Apprentice Career Development Programme, Graduate Development Programme, Traineeships and Management Development Programme. We recognise the importance of working with professional bodies and institutions. Throughout an employee’s career with us they will be encouraged and supported to continuously develop their skills.
Mercury has a variety of positions ranging from construction-based and support roles. We value the varying depth of experience and specialist knowledge of all our employees. We are committed to providing high-quality formal and informal learning as part of our continued investment in our people.
- Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, CSA & Fire Protection)
- Construction Management and Planning
- Commercial / Quantity Surveying
- Environmental, Health & Safety
- Facilities Management
- Technical Support Services
- Group Support Roles