Amazon Operations sits at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We look after everything from the moment a customer clicks buy, to the moment their item is delivered – from desktop to doorstep.
Across Europe we have more than 50 Fulfillment Centers, hundreds of Delivery Stations, thousands of machines, and tens of thousands of employees, all working together in harmony to make sure the right item gets delivered to the right person, in the right place, at the right time.
Working in Amazon Operations is for people who like to be active and give their all. We work in a busy, dynamic environment and are part of a bigger team delivering on the expectations of millions of customers every single day.
We are open, inclusive and welcome individuality and diversity. The culture in our Operation is built on the way teams bond and the work ethic that enables our business run like clockwork. Our teams take pride in a job well done, looking out for one another, ensuring the highest safety standards and playing their part in delivering the quality service Amazon is known for around the world.
Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team. We maintain and optimize technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as a Reliability Maintenance Engineering Area Manager. The Reliability Maintenance Engineering Area Manager is the line manager for a team of engineering technicians. They maintain the focus on safety by training, developing and coaching their team. They deliver a high level of equipment availability by ensuring all preventative maintenance is conducted and internal processes and procedures are followed.
- Lead, support and mentor the team, ensuring they are working in a safe, standard and efficient manner.
- Work with the team and the wider network to harness the technical expertise available and build solutions.
- Support the Reliability Engineering Manager as they work with the Site Safety department & Site Leadership to implement, record and audit safety and statutory compliance programs to provide a safe working environment for all staff.
- Implement network standards and focus on preventative maintenance to provide a high level of equipment availability to our internal customers.
- Ensure sufficient technical coverage is available for the shifts they own by organizing and directing the training program for the team.
- Organize local projects or support EU level projects as assigned by the manager.
- Be prepared to work on shift to maintain a strong connection to the team and daily work.
- Significant practical engineering experience including a supervisory role managing people.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil) from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Experience of automated equipment including packaging machinery, sortation and conveyor systems.
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English and the local language at CEFR Level B2 or higher.
- Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
- Solid computer skills (MS Office, CAD).
- Full working knowledge of all specialized engineering and facilities equipment within the Fulfillment Center (FC) as well as maintenance and safety procedures.
- Experience working with PLC based control systems.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) programs.
- Experience with Kaizen and Continuous Improvement Process.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Amazon Fulfillment Poland sp. z o.o.