The role is to enable business and IT leaders to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, disruptions, and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization. Furthermore, the enterprise architect provides technology guidance, road maps, principles, standards, security, and best practices. Cloud Security Architect is a strategic position that partners with key stakeholders in the organization to create leading edge, well-defined secure solutions for cloud for cloud foundation that are aligned to MC’s cloud-first Strategy.
This role reports to the Director IT Security Engineering/Architecture.
- Supports a cloud security specific architecture discipline and champions’ architectural initiatives based on SABSA and CSC Frameworks. Aligns architecture strategy with business goals. Defines, explains, and advocates technology strategy and security.
- Works on highly complex cloud and application projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized capabilities within Security Architecture domain. Reviews existing business processes and establishes metrics to improve business processes, as well as support of the architectural disciplines under their direction.
- Establish core security architecture principals, patterns and decisions for multi-cloud platform. Reviews and/or analyses and develops security and architectural requirements as needed for the organization.
- Enable design governance, ensuring adherence to cloud standards and the acceleration of McCormick’s application modernization roadmap in alignment with governance risk and compliance
- Drive the adoption of architecture standards, patterns and polices across the enterprise for cloud consumption.
- Consults with project teams to fit projects to enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture. Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security, compliance controls, and conformance to McCormick IT security standards.
- Provide architecture expertise on using modern cloud computing platforms to accelerate building & running digital applications in the cloud. Work with peers to build tailored solutions with repeatable design patterns that can be reused across the enterprise.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, Systems Architects, Security and software development teams.
- If necessary, perform as a Project Manager for large architecture initiatives.
- May require on-call responsibilities to support after hours and weekend escalations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or in a relevant field.
- Experience working in a global IT Security and application development/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and/or infrastructure planning and operations.
- Moderate competencies in multiple Enterprise Architecture disciplines such as architecting and building IaaS, PaaS, & SaaS cloud solutions for a large corporation especially with Microsoft Azure.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, security, enabling technologies, and governance.
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies.
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions leveraging one or more security frameworks – Cloud Security Alliance, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, NIST.
- Moderate experience with continuous integration concepts and tools, such as Jenkins, Microsoft VSTS, Terraform, Foundations, and Azure Resource Manager (ARM).
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues.
- Experience using model-based representations such as cloud software design patterns (micro-services, containers, FaaS, NoSQL).
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the enterprise architecture.
- Experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives.
- Positive approach to customer service with demonstrated ability to handle high pressure support needs in a calm, respectful, and efficient manner.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including KAMIS and Galeo in Poland.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.