Documents required for application: Personal CV, personal letter of motivation.
- Work on environmental management and sustainability initiatives, developing methods to reduce emissions and improve waste management.
- Support the diverse characterization activities performed in the Global R&D laboratory.
- Troubleshoot when issues or challenges arise during the production of cement or concrete casting process; diagnose problems; and implement solutions to maintain the quality of the concrete.
- Innovate and find new ways to improve cement production, develop alternative materials, or enhance sustainability.
- Conduct tests and analysis to ensure that the cement product meets the required specifications and standards.
- The position envisions work in two basic projects and areas:
- The first involves the development of technologies and materials to fix CO2 coming from cement industry (60%).
- The second involves determining efficiencies and assessing the materials and technologies that are viable for scaling up with the use of analytical equipment (XRF, XRD, ICP, GC-MS, TGA, FTIR, etc.)
- Participation will also be required in the different services provided by the Cemex Global Research Laboratory.
- Knowledge of spoken and written English at least B2 level;
- Student status/ PhD student status;
- Education in the field of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering etc.
- Ability to work in diverse teams.
- The student can use the topic of his research internship experience to write his thesis after the conclusion of his internship and together with his thesis advisors, can also publish an article on a refereed journal.
- Monthly salary;
- Assistance with accommodation upon arrival in Switzerland;
- 2 weeks vacations per every six months.
CEMEX Polska Sp. z o.o.
CEMEX jest globalnym liderem w branży materiałów budowlanych. W świecie stojącym wobec stale rosnącej potrzeby rozwoju budownictwa, pomagamy zaspokajać to zapotrzebowanie poprzez dostarczanie wysokiej jakości produktów i usług naszym klientom oraz naszym społecznościom na całym świecie.